What a Poor Pharmacist Vol. 2 why live life from dream to dream, and dread the day when dreaming ends?
Why Queue...again?
sit down and enjoy the music.

Thursday, October 05, 2006


When There Was Me and You - Vanessa Anne Hudgens

taken from some high school musical, introduced by cons - finally i can remember her by another song other than Total Eclipse of the Heart.

quite a slow song, with minimal percussion (single drumset), and a piano for accompaniment. wonderful change of key in the middle and at the end.

the choruses show a nice contrast, i think she was trying to tell me that. just excellent. from the first part where the girl thinks that she's in a relationship - to the second part where she discovers that she's living in her own illusion after all.

illusions.. somehow, my mind flashbacks to those years long ago when i lived in my own...

***

(D Major)

D G A D
It's funny when you find yourself, looking from the outside
D G A D
I'm standing here, but all I want, is to be over there
G G A D A/C#
Why did I let myself believe, miracles could happen
Bm G A D
Cause now I have to pretend, that I don't really care

G A D A/C# Bm
*I thought you were my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping
G A Bm Bm7
A wish upon a star, that’s coming true,
G A D A/C# Bm G
But everybody else could tell, that I confused my feelings with the truth
A
When there was me and you

(E Major)

E A B E
I swore I knew the melody, that I heard you singing
E A B E
And when you smiled, you made me feel, like I could sing along
A A B E B/D#
But then you went and changed the words, now my heart is empty
C#m A B E
I'm only left with used-to-be's, I’m once upon a song

A B E B/D# C#m
*Now I know you’re not a fairytale, and dreams were meant for sleeping
A B C#m C#m7
And wishes on a star, just don't come true
A B E B/D# C#m A
Cause now even I can tell, that I confused my feelings with the truth
B G
Cause I liked the view, when there was me and you

(G Major)

G D
I can't believe that, I could be so blind
???? D
It's like you were floating, while I was falling, and I didn't mind
Bm E C#m
Cause I liked the view
B E
Thought you felt it too, when there was me and you

Dispense-A-Dream '07
Live your dream!
10:24 pm

Comments: Post a Comment