What a Poor Pharmacist Vol. 2 why live life from dream to dream, and dread the day when dreaming ends?
Why Queue...again?
sit down and enjoy the music.

Saturday, September 02, 2006


basal instincts

warning: vulgarities.

i remember there was this one time in primary one. very distinct impression.

i lent my pastel crayons to this dude sitting next to me. there was a gag order by the teacher so no one was talking or something.

think we had a scuffle or something, a disagreement, such that for some reason the teacher told me to "stand in the front". dunno whether did i pull my ears or some stupid shit.

i still remember that teacher's name. it was the same teacher that told me to strip and walk topless from the classroom to the p.e. area, all because i didn't bring my p.e. attire. without saying i didn't enjoy very much of that p.e. lesson.

my primary school is 23 floors below my flat and a stone's throw (literally) away. for some reason, when i grew older, i didn't persecute that teacher.

when i was primary 3, there was this chinese teacher that called me names (or something) like bastard, useless, freak, whatever. because i was talking or because i didn't hand up my stuff, whatever the case, but she had no reason to insult my abilities. or did she use physical force on me.... when i tried to defend myself...? hmm whatever.

my parents went to the principal, and we got a good answer out of it. still i lived in fear for the rest of my primary 3 life.

then there was primary 5. after streaming, went to the second class, from the last class. not too bad. then there was this chi teacher (again!) who thought i was interrupting her class (why me?!?! for some goddamn reason) when the whole bunch of people around me were talking and i was trying NOT to talk, for some shit reason she gave warning (stared in my direction), then i think yeah she was the one who pulled a tuft of my hair.

yup. my parents went to the principal again. i guess that's why my parents knew the principal so well. not because i was a bastard in school, but because i was the scapegoat. if you had a chance to shadow me for one day, unless i was a close friend of yours, you will find me boring. i don't talk much last time, and i don't talk much now.

that's one reason why i hate chinese so much. even though i'm chinese, i took higher chinese in primary school (under the same teacher who pulled my hair, but later chose to resent it), i come from a chinese-speaking family (mum), yet i f**king hate the language. well secondary school it got a bit better, but i had already completely lost it by then.

if those teachers would to do this today, they will be executed personally by the Minister of Education. haha. i will see to it that they do.

i remember my father telling me this story during his schooling days. that time, the opporturnities for schooling were not very good, and he got into a vocational institution, the equivalent of today's ITE. he and his friends were labelled as failures as compared to the JC students (yes, NJC had already started).

his classmate had to endure this one sentence from the teacher: "you, the leaders of tomorrow? my foot!"

10, 20 years later, the classmate came back driving an obviously very rich Mercedes-Benz into the school compound, right in the middle of the carpark where everybody could see (i guess), honked, then proudly went to see the teacher, suit and tie.

***

maybe i will do just that.

Scorpios are known to be jealous, resentful, compulsive, obsessive, secretive and obstinate (taken from http://www.astrology-online.com/scorpio.htm).

other words: cunning, vengeful.

i think i fit into the stereotype really well. vengeful.. jealous, resentful, obsessive, compulsive, stubborn. maybe a bit secretive, not very cunning though.

guess this explains why sometimes i just fail to see the flip side of things where others can just see it so easily, like an OHP's answers revealed. and maybe i suffer from OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) as well.

Dispense-A-Dream '07
Live your dream!
10:40 pm

Comments: Post a Comment